Fanno Creek Clinic invites you to submit artwork for a mural with the theme of ‘Nature in the Pacific Northwest’ to be installed/painted on our building exterior at 2400 SW Vermont Street, Portland, 97219.
We are now accepting submissions. Emerging artists are encouraged to apply!
We encourage applicants to visit the building to get an idea of the overall scope of the project. Artists should consider the space on the green front entry wall of the building or both the front entry and street-facing sides with a maximum area of 15x25 feet, 375 square feet total.
All design submissions that fit the above criteria will be considered. Please include with your submission a description of the work you would like to feature on the building along with your installation timeline. Include three pieces from your portfolio that illustrate experience with a project of this scale.
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 5/28/2019. The selected mural proposal will be chosen by a small, diverse panel of community members and announced on Monday, 6/3/2019. Compensation in the amount $2000 will be awarded to the selected artist for the completed installation. Prospective artwork will be featured on an Instagram page and promoted in our practice, on our website, and will receive mention in the Southwest Community Connection Newspaper as well as on the Pamplin Media website.
Supplies, including a hydraulic lift, will be provided (in addition to the artist’s compensation). Paint will be provided by Sherwin-Williams. The artist should be available for the entirety of the installation process with the goal of completing the project by the end of June. We’re excited to share this opportunity to showcase your vision within the SW Portland/Hillsdale community and beyond!
We look forward to seeing your submissions!
To see the status of the mural, visit us on Instagram by clicking the link below.
Submission entries are due by Tuesday May 28th at noon. Please include a statement of intent and why you’d like to participate in this project.
Please direct entries to:
Fanno Creek Clinic
2400 SW Vermont St.
Portland, Or 97219
ATTN: Lane Hickey
Or via e-mail:
QUALIFYING GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. Provide a cover sheet with your artwork including your name, contact information, and relevant experience.
2. Submit a scale rendering of your artwork. Artists could also superimpose their artwork onto a photo of the wall. All artwork must be original.
3. Submit a description of your proposed artwork and how it fits the theme ‘Nature in the Pacific Northwest’ in 500 words or less.
4. Provide three samples of past work. If you have other references from similar projects please include those.
5. You may submit more than one design.
6. All artwork must be approved by Fanno Creek Clinic, approved submissions will be judged by committee.
7. If selected, you must submit a completed IRS W-9 form, sign a contract agreement and other documents by June 3rd, 2019.